Monday, January 10, 2011

We should have gotten a dog

Maybe then it would be napping now. Okay, she IS three. She really hasn't napped religiously since about 18 months. What was I thinking? Clearly, I wasn't.

Supergirl: "I'm hungry." (big surprise)
Me: "If I feed you will you take a nap?" (in hopes for some quiet, afternoon mommy time)
Supergirl: "I'm not a dog."

Then she asked about the lunch menu. Okay, really she just spouted off what she wanted. PB&J and that's it. I was surprised by this. That's it? Is she sick? No. Going through a phase? No, she's never done that when it comes to food. I made her a PB&J and myself a bagel with a side of cottage cheese.

That's when she let me have it...

Supergirl: "You know...I like that stuff on your plate."

Oh reeeeally??? This is not my day for thinking ahead. I knew that. So goes my lunch. I could wait to make myself something when she...naps? This is where that dog would come in handy. I could have made two of the same lunches and we'd both be happy. :)

Instead, after she ate our lunches we played in her pop-up castle and had an impromptu photo shoot.

Don't let the precious fool you.

Of course then she played in her room, fell off her bed, got a scrape and now I've fixed the boo boo with a Band-aid and popsicle. She now "loves me so much" and I'm currently her "best friend EBER!"

Yeah, take that Dadman. Who needs a dog when you can have a Supergirl. :)

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment